Jewish Communal Fund (JCF), the largest and most active Jewish donor advised fund in the country, approved grants totaling $1.35 million to local Jewish charities in the New York area through its endowment, the JCF Special Gifts Fund. Since 1999, the Board of Trustees of the Jewish Communal Fund has granted more than $13 million to support programs that promote the welfare and security of the Jewish community at home and abroad. These charities are selected with the assistance of UJA-Federation of New York.
This year’s Special Gift Fund Grantees include:
- $500,000 for the Digital Choice Food Pantry at the Central Queens Y Community Resource Hub
- $500,000 for a New Home Base at the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds’ Long Island site
- $100,000 to build a sensory gym at The Harold and Elaine Shames JCC on the Hudson
- $65,000 to provide scholarships for the JCC of Manhattan’s Camp Settoga for children from low-income families
- $65,000 to support 26 Coffee Houses for Selfhelp Community Services
- $125,000 to UJA-Federation of New York for the expansion of the Witness Theater Holocaust education project
Additional information about the recipient organizations and grant details can be found on JCF’s website.