Applications are now being accepted for the Certificate in Jewish Leadership, presented by Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership in partnership with Northwestern University.
Due to high demand, two cohorts will begin in 2021, with a choice of formats:
- The Spring 2021 Cohort will be presented in a weekly online format. Participants will meet via Zoom one evening per week for 15 weeks beginning April 7, 2021. The $50 application fee is waived for applicants who apply by January 21. 2021.
- The Fall 2021 Cohort will be presented in a seminar format, online or, if conditions allow, at Spertus Institute’s downtown Chicago campus. The dates for the two four-day seminars are October 17-20, 2021 and January 9-12, 2022.
The Certificate in Jewish Leadership is a selective admissions program. A minimum of five years of professional or volunteer experience and a strong commitment to developing professional potential is required.
Four interactive components comprise the program’s curriculum: Models of Jewish Leadership, Communications for Leaders, Leading People Through Change, and Collaboration and Power Sharing.
In addition, both 2021 cohorts will include a special workshop on Leading in Times of Crisis.
With either format, participants will:
- Complete their certificate in three months
- Learn from senior Spertus Institute and Northwestern University’s School of Professional Studies faculty, who are skilled in both in-person and online learning
- Receive a personalized leadership assessment and professional coaching
- Participate with a cohort of like-minded leaders from Jewish organizations across North America, in a welcoming, pluralistic context
The program’s most recent graduates received their certificates at a ceremony at Spertus Institute in February 2020, just before COVID-19 restrictions took hold. As a group, they learned to strengthen their leadership styles, manage change, and inspire excellence, even in difficult times and trying situations. They bring their new leadership expertise to organizations across the spectrum of Jewish community life, at a time when such skills are decidedly in demand.
The Certificate in Jewish Leadership is presented under the auspices of Spertus Institute’s Center for Jewish Leadership, supported in part by a generous grant from the Crown Family.
The program cost is $2,500, which includes the leadership assessment and professional coaching. Limited scholarships may be available for employees of Jewish organizations.
More information is available at spertus.edu/certificate or those interested in learning more can contact Amie S. Barrish, Spertus Institute Assistant Director for Recruitment at email@example.com.
Spertus Institute is a partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving their local community.