Nefesh B’Nefesh and KKL Launch Multi-Million Dollar ‘Go Beyond’ Initiative
Nefesh B’Nefesh and Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael (KKL) have launched a new joint initiative titled “Go Beyond.” The project aims to assist new Olim in maximizing the countless opportunities offered in the country’s northern and southern frontiers, as well as Jerusalem, by investing in its infrastructure and people.
Since the organization’s establishment in 2002, over 15% of Nefesh B’Nefesh Olim have chosen to establish their homes in Israel’s North and South. The noticeable growth in the number of Olim moving to the periphery is partially due to the success of Nefesh B’Nefesh’s “Go North” and “Go South” programs, which aim to energize these communities with talented and innovative Olim. Now, individuals who make Aliyah through “Go Beyond,” will be offered additional enhanced benefits.
With “Go North” and “Go South,” Olim have enjoyed employment mentoring and placement, social programming, community advisement, educational resources and close contact with regional staff. “Go Beyond” additional benefits will include:
- Grants up to $20,000
- Pilot trip grants: hotel stay, rental car and subsidized flight
- Special 2017 pilot trip planning incentives: personalized meetings with municipal contacts, community volunteers, realtors, etc.
- Regional Aliyah guidance: community research, employment opportunities and education options
- Assistance with Aliyah documentation expenses
- Online Ulpan vouchers
- Assistance with college loans