Natan is now accepting proposals from new applicants in four program areas:
- Emerging Models of Jewish Connection in North America,
- Jewish Peoplehood,
- Initiatives for Russian-Speaking Jews, and
- Economic Development in Israel.
All of the necessary information can be found on the How to Apply and Frequently Asked Questions pages of the Natan website. Current grantees of these committees do not have to submit applications at this time.
Natan grants support innovative organizations that are building new vision for the Jewish People and the State of Israel. In the spirit of “venture philanthropy,” Natan is especially interested in supporting startups and emerging organizations that have not yet received significant support from major funders and that are independent from larger institutions and organizational structures.
Organizations with annual operating budgets under $1.5 million may apply for grants of up to $50,000. Proposals are due by 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, December 15, 2015. Natan will review the applications and invite select grant finalists to meet with the relevant grant committee in the first half of 2016. Finalists will be notified of the status of their applications by April 2016, and grant recipients will be notified of their awards by July 2016. The grant year runs from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
- Emerging Models of Jewish Connection in North America grants support innovative approaches to building Jewish communities and creating new access points to Jewish life, especially for disengaged Jews in their 20s and 30s.
- Jewish Peoplehood grants support innovative organizations around the world that build connections between young Jews across geographic, ethnic, denominational, and ideological borders; that build resilient Jewish communities in the face of antisemitism and anti-Israel sentiment; that emphasize the Jewish People’s collective responsibility to heal the world; and/or that grapple with the special role that Israel plays in contemporary Jews’ identity. Organizations from any country are eligible to apply.
- Grants for Initiatives for Russian-Speaking Jews support initiatives that build Jewish community and strengthen Jewish life among Russian-Speaking Jews in North America, especially those who are not currently engaged in Jewish communal life.
- Economic Development of Israel supports the development of Israeli social businesses as a new methodology for economically empowering disadvantaged Israelis.
Applying through Amplifier
Once again this year, Natan will be accepting applications for its grants through the Common Grant Application system of Amplifier: The Jewish Giving Circle Movement.
Amplifier is a global network of giving circles like Natan that are motivated by Jewish values and inspired by changemakers who are making a difference around the world. Amplifier catalyzes, connects and counsels giving circles through in-person programs and online resources. Amplifier’s Common Grant Application system allows grant applicants to submit a single application that is viewable not only by Natan members, by also by members of any giving circle registered on Amplifier. The goal of the Common Grant Application is to enable any giving circle – no matter how large or small – to be able to find and support excellent organizations, with access to the same information about potential grant applicants.
Making the Most of Your Amplifier Experience: A Tutorial for Natan Applicants
Have questions about how to apply through Amplifier? Join Aviva Stampfer, Amplifier Community Manager, and Nina Spierer, Natan Program Associate, on Wednesday, October 28 at 1pm EST and Wednesday, December 2 at 1pm EST for a quick tutorial on how to use Amplifier’s Common Grant Application most effectively. Register for the October and December webinars now.
Please help Natan spread the word about these grant opportunities by forwarding this post to your networks. Feel free to be in touch with Jackie Fishman, Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Here’s to another great year of supporting Jewish innovation around the world!