The Web Impacts Your Entire Organization
Despite what some of our professionals and board members may prefer not to admit, the Internet is here to stay. After a full decade of public use, the web has become an integrated part of every business and every non-profit. Even if you are ignoring your organizations’ web presence, others are not. You may be losing donations to a competing group because they are (more) actively using the Internet. Or you are losing out because potential donors, volunteers, board members, or funders are evaluating your non-profit based on your web presence, or lack thereof.
Just some of the ways the web impacts your every day ability to fulfill your mission:
- Educating the public
- Enhancing your organization’s reputation among the press, civic leaders, foundations and corporations
- The attraction and cultivation of donors, especially younger donors (duh…)
- The development of monthly donors, major donors, and planned giving donors
- Delivery of services to your constituents
- Increasing and supporting your volunteer base
How does your non-profit stack up; are you using the web effectively?