Apply to The PresenTense Summer Institute 2010
Do you have an idea for a social start-up that will engage, leverage and inspire the Jewish community? If so, apply to the PresenTense Summer Institute 2010! During this intensive six-week entrepreneurial boot camp in Jerusalem, you will be equipped with the tools and connections you need to change the world.
To launch your venture into the world, fellows are trained in the practical skills of start-up development, attend training seminars and workshops, and receive mentorship and networking opportunities with top-notch professionals in the PresenTense Network.
PresenTense is looking for innovators with projects (or ideas) in the following fields:
- Collective Action
The Summer Institute Program Includes:
- Skillbuilding: sessions to teach core entrepreneurial skills and proficiencies, taught by practicioners in the field;
- Mentorship: by industry leaders and professionals;
- Coaching: by peers with professional experience in entrepreneurial development;
- Peer workshops: using the Hotseat methodology, creating a community of practice that supports entrepreneurs through common challenges;
- Access: to a wide network of potential supporters, partners, and customers;
- Direct guidance from the PresenTense staff and invaluable support from fellow innovators.
- The Institute program concludes with Launch Night; the opportunity for fellows to pitch their projects to potential funders, collaborators, and other VIPs, exposing the venture to individuals in the field interested in supporting social ventures to greater success.
Applications are available here and must be completed by Friday, January 1, 2010.
About: The PresenTense Summer Institute brings together innovators on the cutting edge of creativity: programmers and designers, informal educators and rappers, nonprofit managers and biotech visionaries – anyone with a vision and a portfolio of innovation who is dedicated to solving problems facing the Jewish People and the World.