Rose Community Foundation Announces Grants
During the fourth quarter of 2009, Rose Community Foundation awarded 151 grants totaling more than $4.5 million. Of this amount, $4,277,490 was awarded for 70 grants from Rose Community Foundation’s program areas to nonprofit organizations, government agencies and projects that support the health and well-being of the Greater Denver community. In addition, 83 grants totaling $247,598 were approved from donor-advised funds housed at the Foundation. Rose Community Foundation has awarded grants totaling more than $156 million since its inception in 1995.
Grants to the Jewish life program area include:
- Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado (Denver): $484,000 to be distributed over three years for a new Jewish Early Childhood Education Scholarship Fund and $360,000 to support the Flagship Fund for local services provided by Jewish agencies.
- Boulder Jewish Community Center (Boulder): $53,000 to support a department offering new programs for Jewish pre-teens and teens.
- Moving Traditions (Jenkintown, PA): $10,000 to support Rosh Hodesh: It’s a Girl Thing! teen programs in Denver and Boulder.
- Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center (Denver): $242,100 to support a department offering new programs for Jewish pre-teens and teens.
- Storahtelling (New York, NY): $45,000 to train local educators, artists and community leaders to be Torah translators who present dramatic and interactive adaptations of the Torah.