The Mandel Leadership Institute is pleased to announce the 28th class of Mandel Jerusalem Fellows (MJF), 2010-2011:
- Rabbi Daniel Greyber – Executive Director of Camp Ramah California, Los Angeles.
- Dr. Daniel Moses – Director of Delegation of Leaders program, Seeds of Peace, Jerusalem and Maine.
- Tanya Podolnaya – Head of the Informal Education Center and Deputy Director for Strategic Planning at the Education Department of the Jewish Agency for Israel, St. Petersburg.
- Ruthie Rotenberg – Executive Director of LimmudLA, Los Angeles.
- Rabbi Ofer Sabbath-Beit Halachmi – Rabbi and Executive Director of the Tzur Hadassh Congregation; Co-founder, ‘Aspaklaria Center’, Jerusalem.
Madel also congratulates the graduating MJF Fellows on the completion of their individual projects:
- Rabbi Lisa Goldstein – The External Mirrors the Internal: Creating Contemplative Justice Practices for Jewish College Students & Organizations
- Andrea Hendler – “The Old Shall Be Renewed and the New Shall Be Sanctified:” An Alternative Framework for Developing Leadership and Fostering Social Innovation
- Rabbi Jill Jacobs – Allocating Scarce Resources: A Jewish Theology of Place for a Globalized World
- Dr. Sarra Lev – Nafka Minah: Learning Talmud from the Inside Out – A character development model of learning
- Rabbi Leonel Levy – Cultivating Jewish Communities in a Changing World
- Nina Price – Jewish Identity Work: A Methodology for Fostering Jewish Identity in Supplementary Schools
- Rabbi Susan Silverman – Beitecha: Synagogue-Based Adoption Programming
- David Stoler – Creating Consciousness: Jewish Heritage and the European City
For more information about the Mandel Jerusalem Fellows, or any of the individual projects, please contact [email protected]
Applications for the 2011-12 academic year will open in September 2010.