The Today and Tomorrow of Fundraising
Last week saw the Big Apple host the 2008 version of the New York Nonprofit Conference.
Here, from Fundraising Success Magazine, is a keynote snapshot:
Every fundraiser’s task for the next few years is to navigate a path between traditional and emerging fundraising strategies.
So says Frank O’Brien, president of the Washington, D.C.-based consultancy OMP, who gave the keynote presentation, “The Six Dynamics Shaping the Future of Fundraising“.
- Building lists isn’t just about finding donors — it’s about making yourself “findable.”
- The charitable experience is shifting from a tight circle of donors to a looser circle of engagement.
- People move fluidly back and forth across channels and up and down in their level of engagement.
- There is a generational and technological shift from obligation to excitement.
- What happens today in commercial direct marketing will happen tomorrow in nonprofit fundraising.
- There’s an urgent need to have an easily expressed, emotionally powerful identity.
Read the complete article here.