Call for Abstracts: The Journal of Jewish Communal Service
The Jewish Communal Service Association invites the submission of abstracts on
“Big Ideas and Bold Solutions” – The forces and responses moving organizations today to be responsible in meeting the needs of tomorrow.
The anticipated publication date for this issue of the Journal of Jewish Communal Service is Fall/Winter 2012/13.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- What changes in Jewish community institutions and organizations are anticipated or are already taking place?
- What are the workforce needs of the Jewish community in responding to rapid community changes? Who and how should these needs be met?
- How is technology shaping Jewish participation and community life?
- How can/will philanthropy and community resources respond to change?
- What are the Big Ideas and Bold Solutions for the future vitality of the Jewish People?
To be considered: Abstracts must be submitted with a working title via email by July 20, 2012 at Noon EDT to INFO@JCSANA.org. Submissions must be sent as double-spaced Microsoft Word Documents of no more than 350 words maximum length. Collaborative works written by multiple authors will be considered.
Every abstract will be given careful consideration by the JCSA Publications Committee. Based upon blind review, all authors will be notified by August 6th whether they will be invited to submit full length articles of approximately 3500-5000 words, due by mid-September.