U.S. Internet users viewed 11.5 billion online videos during the month, representing a 13% gain versus February and a 64% gain versus March 2007. Google owned sites once again ranked as the top U.S. video property with more than 4.3 billion videos viewed (38 percent share of all videos).
From comScore, here are the latest figures for online video viewing:
- 73.7 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video, averaging 83 videos per viewer.
- 84.8 million viewers watched 4.3 billion videos on YouTube.com (50.4 videos per viewer).
- 47.7 million viewers watched 400 million videos on MySpace.com (8.4 videos per viewer).
- The average online video duration was 2.8 minutes.
- The average online video viewer watched 235 minutes of video.
According to a recent DonorTrends survey, 40% of post-Boomers, 32% of Boomers, and even 25% of pre-Boomers report having watched an online video from a charity or cause.
What is your non-profit doing? If you are not already on the video bandwagon, you need to be!