New Jewish Life Grants Announced by Rose Community Foundation
Rose Community Foundation Allocates Over $400k for Jewish Life Initiatives
During the third quarter of 2011, Rose Community Foundation awarded 89 grants totaling more than $2.6 million.
In the Jewish Life Program Area, the Foundation’s board of trustees authorized the following grants between July 1, 2011 and September 30, 2011. Locations indicate the organization’s headquarters, not necessarily the geographic area served.
- Jewish Life Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado (Denver): $25,000 for community outreach and engagement for the 2011 General Assembly of the Jewish Federations of North America in Denver.
- Denver Jewish Day School (Denver): $64,750 for marketing and alumni outreach.
- Jewish Funds for Justice-Progressive Jewish Alliance (New York, NY): $60,000 to support a leadership development program for Jews under 40 in the Denver Metro area.
- MazelTot (Denver): $275,850 over 18 months to continue an initiative connecting expectant parents and families with preschool-aged children to Jewish life and to each other. MazelTot is an initiative of Rose Community Foundation.
- Menorah: Arts, Culture and Education at the Boulder JCC (Boulder): $14,000 to present Movers: Art and Conscience, a series of educational programs about Jewish visual art.
Rose Community Foundation has awarded grants totaling its inception in 1995.