The Charles Bronfman Prize Issues International Call for 2014 Nominations
The Charles Bronfman Prize has opened the 2014 call for nominations for its annual award, a recognition of bold and visionary young humanitarians from around the world whose endeavors are fueled by Jewish values and who serve to inspire generations to come. Marking one decade honoring Jewish humanitarians and elevating the power of bold ideas to change lives, the Prize celebrates the accomplishment of an individual or team, under the age of 50, whose work has a significant impact on the world’s most pressing challenges.
The Charles Bronfman Prize was established in 2004 by Ellen Bronfman Hauptman and Stephen Bronfman, along with their spouses, Andrew Hauptman and Claudine Blondin Bronfman to honor their father, his values and his commitment to young people. Since 2004, the Prize has received almost 500 nominations, identifying potential recipients in 28 countries across six continents and representing the full range of humanitarian effort.
An internationally recognized panel of judges will select the 2014 Prize recipient(s) and present the award next fall. The panel is searching for candidates who embody today’s Jewish heroes, an individual or group who has a vision for positive world change and has created a vehicle to deliver discernible results. Nominations will be evaluated according to that criteria and should include the following:
- Individuals who created the vision on which the organization is based. Therefore, nominees should include individuals or teams, not organizations.
- Nominees who have not reached their 50th birthday by the close of the nomination period on January 15, 2014.
- Next generation leaders who have a vision for change that will better the world in a meaningful way.
- Nominees who have created a mechanism for acting on their vision in ways that deliver measurable results.
- Nominees who exhibit innovation, leadership and impact in their chosen field.
- Nominees whose Jewish values and universal regard for humanity inspire and serve as a model for future generations.
The deadline for nominations is January 15th, 2014. Guidelines and forms for nomination may be downloaded at TheCharlesBronfmanPrize.com.