New York and Bay Area Training Institutes:
Making Your Jewish Institution LGBT Inclusive
For Jewish Educators, Youth Professionals and Community Leaders
San Francisco Training Institute
When: January 31 – February 2, 2012
Deadline: January 18, 2012
Co-sponsored by: Bureau of Jewish Education, Congregation Sha’ar Zahav, Jewish Community Center of San Francisco, LGBT Alliance of the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund
New York Training Institute
When: March 27 – 28, 2012
Where: Manhattan, NY. Hosted in partnership with The JCC of Manhattan.
Deadline: February 1, 2012
Co-sponsored by: Congregation Beit Simchat Torah (CBST), Congregation Rodeph Sholom, JCC Association, Marks Jewish Community House, Rodeph Sholom School, 14th Street Y
Program Fee: $180/person or $135/person if multiple people from the same institution attend.
For more information: Contact Andrea Jacobs, Director of Education: 617.524.9227, [email protected]
You can watch a video of a training here.
You will learn:
- How to make your camp, youth group, JCC, day school, Hebrew school, synagogue, or other organization more inclusive of all Jewish youth, staff, and families.
- How to encourage and support youth leaders to create inclusive communities and celebrate diversity.
- How to design and facilitate workshops on diversity and LGBT inclusion for faculty, staff, and parents in formal and informal Jewish educational settings.
- How to use the Hineini DVD, Curriculum Guide, and other resources to create LGBT-inclusive educational programs.
Who should attend:
- Formal educators in synagogues, day schools, and Hebrew high schools Jewish youth group and camp professionals
- Informal educators working with Jewish youth, young adults, and families
- Community professionals and lay leaders of Jewish institutions that serve Jewish youth and families
For additional information, and to register, click here.