jGirls Magazine is accepting editorial board applications from Jewish teenage girls of all backgrounds who will be in the 10th-12th grades in the upcoming school year.
Editors have the opportunity to:
- Shape the direction of jGirls Magazine’s content.
- Build a community of collaboration, connection, and friendship.
- Engage in dialogue with girls from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
- Receive training from a variety of experts and educators to explore identity and build leadership, decision making and communication skills.
We’re looking for leaders who:
- Self-identify as a Jewish girl/young woman.
- Are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Want to develop their voices and leadership skills in a hands-on environment.
jGirls is committed to the visibility and representation of the different voices, perspectives and experiences that comprise our diverse Jewish community. We actively encourage participants who are diverse in their Jewish identification, sexual orientation, gender expression, race, ethnicity and abilities.
Applications are due by May 6, 2019 at 11:59PM Pacific time
For more information and to apply, visit: jgirlsmagazine.org/join-the-2019-20-editorial-board/
Not ready to apply?
We accept poetry, fiction, nonfiction, photography, cultural reviews, art and music submissions from girls ages 13-19 on an ongoing basis.
For more information and to submit, visit: jgirlsmagazine.org/get-involved/submission-guidelines/
Questions? Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com