Call for papers: Conference on “The art and culture of giving”
The Center for the Study of Philanthropy in Israel will hold an international conference on Wednesday-Thursday, May 4-5, 2011 at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel, Mt. Scopus campus.
On Sunday, May 15th pre-conference workshops will be held for research students from Israel and abroad. The workshops will be lead by known researchers of philanthropy. On Monday, May 16th the conference will take place.
The Workshops will be held in English. The conference sessions will be held in Hebrew (The main lectures will also be held in English).
The conference program and further details will be updated on the centers’ website.
Researchers of philanthropy are invited to preset their papers at the conference sessions.
Subjects include (but are not limited to):
- The economic aspect of giving
- Legislation and government involvement in giving
- The converting affect in giving
- Volunteering and giving
- Education towards giving and pro-social education
- Religion and giving
- Cross-cultural giving and global giving
- Motives and obstructions towards giving among different groups
- Foundations in Israel – motives, patterns, fields, interaction
- Giving and social justice
- The moral aspect of giving
Abstract deadline Is January 15th, 2011.
Abstracts should be sent with a cover page including the research title, participants, institutional affiliation, degree and full contact details for each participant. The abstract can be up to 400 words, font Times New Roman size 12, 1.5 space and should include the following information:
- Research goals and scientific and empirical contribution
- Theoretical and conceptual review
- Finding (if applicable)
If accepted, the abstract will be published in the conference booklet.
- Abstracts should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org as word.doc.
- Senders will receive confirmation by email.
- Acceptance announcements to the pre-conference workshops will be sent by Feb. 1, 2011.
- Registration and payment deadline – March 15, 2011.
- Full papers submission deadline – April 1, 2011.
For further information please contact the Center for the Study of Philanthropy, email@example.com or 972-2-5882203.
Additionally, PhD and Graduate students researching philanthropy are invited to present their papers at the pre-conference workshops. All other details as listed above apply, including subjects, submission information and deadlines.