Foundation for Jewish Camp Nadiv Program Moves Forward
Last summer, Foundation for Jewish Camp announced a grant from the Jim Joseph and AVI CHAI Foundations for a pilot initiative to create senior experiential Jewish educator positions to be shared by nonprofit Jewish overnight camps and Jewish day or synagogue schools.
The program, Nadiv, was designed with several goals: the first, to experiment with a new model that could enhance the quality of education at Jewish camps in a sustainable way. The second, to create a new model for year-round positions for trained and talented Jewish educators and the third, to model a new way to foster deeper collaboration between different kinds of institutions in the Jewish educational world.
The selected camps, and schools, for pilot program partnerships have now been announced:
- Camp Mountain Chai (Angelus Oaks, CA) and San Diego Jewish Academy (San Diego, CA)
- Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake (Verbank, NY) and Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County (New Milford, NJ)
- Herzl Camp (Webster, WI) and Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School (Minneapolis, MN)
- URJ Camp Coleman (Cleveland, GA) and Davis Academy (Atlanta, GA)
- URJ Camp Kalsman (Arlington, WA) and Temple De Hirsch Sinai (Seattle, WA)
- URJ Crane Lake Camp (Stockbridge, MA) and Temple Shaaray Tefila (New York, NY)