JCC Association Seeking Nominations for Leadership Awards
JCC Association of North America seeks nominations for those who have made outstanding contributions to the Jewish communities in the United States and Canada for its leadership awards.
“We’ve opened our nomination process so that we can consider the very best candidates for these awards that the North American Jewish community has to offer,” said Robin Ballin, vice president for program development at JCC Association. “The JCC Movement has played an important role in shaping Jewish life in North America, and acknowledging remarkable achievement from as broad a field of candidates as possible will be a fitting way to wrap up our Centennial Celebration in May.”
The awards recognize outstanding achievement within and contributions to Jewish life in North America. There are six awards in all. They include:
The Morton L. Mandel Jewish Educational Leadership Award
- Given to an individual or institution that has made a singular contribution to the enhancement of Jewish living and learning in Jewish Community Centers and JCC camps.
The Frank L. Weil Lay Leader Awards
- For Distinguished Contribution to the Jewish Community Center Field by a Lay Leader
Given to a current or emerging leader at a JCC and for their outstanding service to the JCC field.
- For Distinguished Contribution to the Armed Forces by a Lay Leader
Awarded for outstanding service in promoting the welfare of Jewish men and women in the armed forces and VA hospitals of the United States
- For Distinguished Contribution to the Advancement of North American Jewish Culture
To recognize outstanding service in promoting Jewish culture through the JCC field
The Florence G. Heller Professional Award
- Recognizes outstanding achievement in a professional career in agencies or programs directly related to JCC Association
The Jewish Military Professional Award
- Given to an active or reserve duty Jewish military leader who exemplifies the attributes of patriotism, leadership, and devotion to the American Jewish military community
Nominations can be submitted by anyone; the deadline is Jan. 15th for consideration. You can nominate online. Make sure you select “Leadership Award” in the award category.
For detailed descriptions and contact information please visit: jcca.org/biennial/jccs-north-america-biennial-leadership-awards/