Here are 10 ways to get serious about social media in 2010:
- Quit counting fans, followers, and blog subscribers like bottle caps.
- Learn how to measure stuff, and quit making excuses for why you can’t do it.
- Learn what case studies can and can’t do for you.
- Understand the difference between making a business case for social media and chasing the next and greatest fad.
- Stop lauding social media as the thing that’s going to fix it all.
- Approach social media methodically.
- Quit waiting for the water to be perfect before you get in.
- Think long term, and commit to it.
- Focus on what you’re good at.
- Recognize that potential missteps shouldn’t paralyze you into inaction.
Excerpted from 10 Ways to Get Serious About Social Media.
Send to Kindle