The Tribe: a Social Networking Update
Back in December, I wrote about viral marketing and the preview launch of this site. At the time, I mentioned a conversation I had a few weeks before with Carlton Evans, Marketing Director for The Tribe and how by using only a viral marketing campaign they won film festival awards and reached success on iTunes.
Being curious four months later, I decided to check-in and see how this word-of-mouth, a.k.a. ‘viral’ phenomenon has proceeded. You can judge for yourself:
- The Tribe hit the number 1 position on iTunes most downloaded film list
- Reached over 150 thousand people
- Won 11 awards including Grand Jury and Audience prizes
- Screened at over 80 film festivals plus over 100 additional public screenings
- Translated into 6 different languages
- Acquired by over 100 universities and other institutes of higher learning including Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, and UC Berkeley along with countless JCC’s and Synagogues
Pretty impressive results! Meanwhile stay tuned; next week we’ll talk about 4 Conferences, 3 Continents.
Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem.
about viral marketing: Viral marketing depends on a high pass-along rate from person to person. If a large percentage of recipients forward something to a large number of friends, the overall growth snowballs very quickly. If the pass-along numbers get too low, the overall growth quickly fizzles.