Jewish Agency Launches Studio of the Jewish People
The Jewish Agency has announced that it will host The Studio of the Jewish People – a live webcast venue for English interviews with meeting speakers and attendees – conducted by a “who’s who” of Israeli journalists, including Dov Elboim, Dana Weiss, Yoav Limor, Gilad Adin and Shmuel Rosner.
Entitled Bringing Jews to Israel and Israel to Jews, The Jewish Agency Assembly and Board of Governors Meeting will run from today through Wednesday. The gathering will focus on how the Jewish Agency is responding to the most critical challenges facing Jews in Israel and Jewish communities worldwide. It will include addresses by the President of Israel, Mr. Shimon Peres, government ministers, members of Knesset, researchers, experts and community leaders from around the world.
The studio interviews will focus on the subject matter addressed in the plenary sessions, some of which will also be streamed live. The schedule is as follows (all times are EDT):
- Sunday, June 24, 1:45 am – Sarah Beck interviews Natan Sharansky, chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency
- Sunday, June 24, 2:45 am – Addresses of President Shimon Peres and Natan Sharansky
- Monday, June 25, 1:30 am – Address by Dan Meridor, deputy prime minister of Israel and minister for strategic Issues
- Monday, June 25, 2:30 am – Lectures on Liberalism & Zionism by Harvard professor and author of What Money Can’t Buy, Michael Sandler, and Gadi Taub, Hebrew University professor and columnist for Yedioth Ahranoth.
- Monday, June 25, 4:30 am – Dov Elboim interviews Michael Sandler, Gadi Taub and Natan Sharansky on “Liberalism and Zionism”
- Monday, June 25, 11:00 am – Eli Wohlglertner hosts a roundtable of anti-Semitism and de-legitimization
- Tuesday, June 26 3 to 4:30 am – Shmuel Rosner interviews attendees to be determined on Israel-Diaspora relations,
- Tuesday, June 26, 5 to 6:30 am – Dana Weiss interviews Knesset members Zeev Elkin, Nachman Shai and Eliezer “Mody” Sandberg on politics and the Jewish world, and Yoav Limir on “Preventing the next Toulouse”
- Tuesday, June 26, 10:00 am – Yoav Limor interviews Natan Sharansky; Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, president of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews; and Steve Hoffman, president of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland, on preventing the next Toulouse
- Wednesday, June 27, 4:00 am – Special broadcast with the Jewish Agency’s director of the Russian-speaking Jewry unit, Roman Polonsky, on issues uniting and dividing Russian-speaking Jewry
- Wednesday, June 27, 5:30 am – Tal Bashan discusses “The Jewish Agency in 2020” with Leah Golan, deputy director general of the Jewish Agency; Avinoam Bar-Yosef, president of the Jewish People Policy Institute; and Rabbi Rick Jacobs, president of the Union for Reform Judaism
- Wednesday, June 27, 9:00 am – Tal Bashan discusses women in the Jewish world with Jane Sherman, past board chair of the United Israel Appeal and member of The Jewish Agency’s Board of Governors; Knesset member Orit Zuaretz; and Joanna Arbib, chair of Keren Heyesod – United Israel Appeal’s World Board of Trustees and The Jewish Agency’s Board of Governors
The webcast can be viewed on the Jewish Agency website.