Applications Open: Paideia Fellowships to One-Year Jewish Studies Program
- Academic studies of Jewish text, culture, tradition and philosophy
- World-leading faculty from the top Israeli and European universities
- Traditional Hevruta text study methodology
- Applied project work and implementation
- An open, international and pluralistic European environment
- Hebrew Ulpan 5 hours per week: beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Mid-year study trip to Israel
- Follow-up programs and yearly conferences
- Access to and support from a 400-individual strong network of alumni in 40 countries
Specializations and degrees:
Under the umbrella of the One-Year Jewish Studies Program, Paideia offers the following programs:
European Jewish Fund Leadership Program
The fellowship focuses on community leadership and includes specialized courses and lectures on community building, leadership skills and project development.
Joint 120 ECTS MA Program in Jewish Civilizations in cooperation with the HfJS Heidelberg
Continue your studies at the Hochschule für Jüdische Studien in Heidelberg for seminars and thesis work for an MA degree.
Scholarships are available towards tuition, accommodation and living costs.
Criteria for acceptance to all programs:
- Commitment to the renewal of European Jewish culture
- Intellectual curiosity and documented academic experience (in any field)
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Command of English (Paideia language of instruction)
- Early Application: Deadline January 15 (decision by March 1)
- Application I: Deadline March 1 (decision by April 15)
- Application II: Deadline April 15 (decision by June 1)
Scholarships awarded on a rolling basis – don’t postpone your application!
Paideia is a non-denominational institute of higher Jewish learning with an academic focus on textual sources. Dedicated to the renewal of European Jewish culture, Paideia is also an applied institute linking academic studies to action.
For more information please visit www.paideia-eu.org