Nominations Open: Shoshana S. Cardin Leadership Award
The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ) is now accepting nominations for the 2017 Shoshana S. Cardin Leadership Award. This annual award recognizes an emerging Jewish leader who is making a difference in advancing the values of 21st century Judaism that is learned and passionate, authentic and pluralistic, joyful and accessible, egalitarian and traditional. The award will be bestowed upon the award recipient at USCJ’s annual General Assembly of Kehillot meeting, on December 3, 2017 at the USCJ Convention in Atlanta, GA.
The Recipient will be recognized based on:
- Clarity of vision and a strong articulation and dissemination of that vision.
- Demonstrated metrics of success.
- Innovative ideas and processes that have motivated others to engage in the vision.
- Taking initiative.
- Identifies with the values of Conservative Judaism.
- Lay leader (not clergy or other professional).
- In any decade of one’s life.
- Based in and work in North America.
- Awardees may be nominated by peers, colleagues, supervisors or self.
Nomination Deadline: October 20, 2017
Click here to nominate an emerging leader.