Announcing the Fall 2015 ELI Talks Speakers
ELI Talks is proud to announce the next cohort of speakers presenting their talks this fall. This compelling group of 17 artists, teachers, activists, leaders, and healers will be filmed sharing their ideas in front of live studio audiences over the course of three days, November 15-17, in Chicago. Tickets are available here.
Presenting on Nov. 15th:
- Matt Bar, “Hip Hop and the Beit Midrash”
- Robert Beiser, “If You Do One Jewish Thing: The Call to End Human Trafficking”
- Howard Blas, “Committing to Inclusion”
- Rabbi Shira Koch Epstein, “How to Make a Soul”
- Rachel Rubenstein, “Sexuality and the God-Given Self”
Presenting on Nov. 16th:
- Rabbi Yakov Horowitz, “No More Standing Idly By: Ending Child Abuse”
- Rabbi Elie Kaunfer, “The Coming Crisis of Prayer”
- Adam Simon, “Let My (Best) People Go: Talent in the Jewish Community”
- Rabbi Abby Sosland, “Shameless Judaism”
- Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz, “How Far Will You Go to Give? Judaism and Organ Donation”
- Karina Zilberman, “I-Thou: Building a Holy Playground”
Presenting on Nov. 17th:
- Siona Benjamin, “Blue Like Me: Midrash, Identity, and Tikkun Olam”
- Marcia Fine, “Hidden Jews: Carrying Trauma, Carrying Ritual”
- Rabbi Adam Grossman, “Al Shlosha Dvarim: The Power of Simplicity”
- Naomi Less, “The BirthRATE Program”
- Judith Rosenbaum, “Redefining Immortality: Jewish Women and Memory”
- Cantor Yvon Shore, “Jewish Time: The Original Wearable”
ELI Talks is a Jewish communal platform for capturing, sharing, and nurturing inspired Jewish ideas about Jewish religious engagement (E), Jewish literacy (L), and Jewish identity (I) with Israel and peoplehood at the core. Talks produced in this series will become the centerpieces of broader conversation, rooted in Jewish text and tradition, online and on-land. The final videos are expected to be released in January, 2016.
To learn more and discover your favorite inspired Jewish ideas, check out ELI on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and ELITalks.org, or contact Miriam Brosseau, ELI Talks Program Director: info at elitalks dot org.