Taube Philanthropies has announced its first major grants of 2017 with impact grants to Jewish community organizations in the Bay Area, Israel and Poland, totaling over $2 million. The grants will help fund a number of initiatives including Jewish Peoplehood programming, academia and education, arts, culture and heritage programs, history and genealogy projects, emergency preparedness, and general operations.
In addition to numerous grants to local organizations in the Bay Area, the following overseas grants were issued:
- Emanuel Ringelblum Jewish Historical Institute and Genealogy Center
- Wroclaw University’s Taube Center for Jewish Studies
- Office of the Chief Rabbi of Poland
- Jewish Community Center, Krakow
- Jewish Community Center, Warsaw
- Koret Israel Economic Development Funds (KIEDF)