The Dana Gershon and Rabbi Jonah Pesner Northeast Leadership Summit, which takes place September 15-17, 2017 at URJ Eisner Camp, provides participants with opportunities for real-life skill building with a focus on entrepreneurship, critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and risk taking. At the end of the Summit, participants pitch their ideas in a “Shark-Tank” style program; judges invest real dollars in the most compelling pitches; and participants go home inspired and excited about the potential of their own ideas. This is a great event for those looking to create real positive change and add substance to their resumes.
The Summit is part of URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camps’ year-round youth engagement and leadership development efforts connected to the Northeast Teen Collective.
Important Event Information
- Event Date and Location: September 15-17, 2017 at URJ Eisner Camp
- Cost: $250 including transportation
- Ideal participants should currently be in grades 10-12 from NY, NJ, and New England; passionate about Jewish life and community; ready to take action; and willing to take risks and challenge the norm.
- To participate, teens must be nominated by a local Lay Leader or Jewish professional (clergy, educator, youth worker) in their local Jewish community. Return participation is welcomed, but all participants must go through the nomination process.
- Teens who hold regional leadership positions in NFTY Northeast, New York Area, and Garden Empire Regions will be nominated by their respective Regional Directors.
- URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camp Olim Graduates (2015-2017) will be nominated by their respective Camp Directors.
- Registration Deadline: August 20, 2017
For additional information, please visit the program website.