The first-ever national CEO Onboarding Program designed for high-level organizational leaders in the American Jewish community is now accepting applications.
Thousands of Jewish nonprofits in the United States will hire new CEOs in this decade. At the same time, many of these organizations already face challenges that test their mission, their strategies, and strain their human and financial resources. A CEO transition period combined with these challenges can create significant organizational uncertainty – but also create a unique window of opportunity to empower incoming leaders and support organizational excellence.
The CEO Onboarding Program has been established to drive better outcomes for Jewish organizations and the community, by investing in new CEOs and their development during this critical transition period. This elite leadership experience is cohort-based and will be tailored to the needs and interests of its participants. The program will provide exceptional professionals tools to leverage these opportunities.
Through the 12 month program, an exclusive cohort of 10-12 new leaders will lay the strategic groundwork for their success and that of their organizations’. Cohort members will work directly with expert consultants, elite leaders and thinkers in the American Jewish community, and institutions specializing in leadership development to take their competencies – and their organizations – to the next level.
CEO Onboarding includes professional development valued at over $30,000 per participant:
- Support from an experienced, accomplished executive coach
- Participation in training at the Center for Creative Leadership, a preeminent leadership development institution
- Exposure to leaders of the major national and key local organizations in the American Jewish Community during an intensive three day convening
- A comprehensive on-the-ground Israel experience to provide a better understanding of the range of opinions about Israel and how to facilitate important related conversations back home
- 360 degree evaluation to gain critical self-knowledge for improvement
Program applicants must be the most senior professional leader of an organization in the Jewish community who is between contract signing and 18 months of employment.
CEO Onboarding is stewarded by TBF Consulting, a management consulting practice that emphasizes leadership development and transformational change. CEO Onboarding is funded by the Jim Joseph Foundation and other funders and is being operated in partnership with Leading Edge.
Leading Edge is an unprecedented partnership between Jewish foundations and federations to build a robust talent pipeline for Jewish organizations.